Another exciting football week in Europe end up with unexpected results were Real Madrid trashed by Wolfburg & great player Zlatan missed penalty. Here we have talking point of European football.
5) Klopp gets the better of his former team – A first half goal from Divock Origi was enough to secure a 1-1 draw away to the Signa Iduna Park. Hummels brought Dortmund into the match courtesy of his header and it will take the Germans everything if they are to move to the semis of the UEFA Europa League. With a precious away goal, Klopp’s side have a significant upper hand going into the second leg at Merseyside.
4) Suarez gifts vital win to Barcelona – Barcelona’s defensive vulnerabilities came to the fore once again as Fernando Torres scored an early goal to give the visitors the lead. However a moment of madness saw him get a second booking of the night and a red and henceforth Barça stamped their authority on the match with Suárez scoring twice in the second half to give a much needed win after the Catalan’s recent loss against Real Madrid in the El Clásico.
3) Zlatan misses penalty as Man City gain upper hand – Zlatan Ibrahimović missed a penalty as PSG lost the chance to claim an upper hand in the match. A 2-2 draw in Paris will greatly benefit the Citizens who are playing in the Quarter-Finals of the UCL for the first time ever. The match billed as the “El Cashico” due to the enormous financial clout of the two clubs owned by rich Middle Eastern Businessman proved to be the better match of the night as goals from De Bruyne, Zlatan, Rabiot and Fernandinho settled the affair at the Parc des Princes.
2) Real Madrid get thrashed in Germany – Real Madrid had a night to forget as they were defeated 2-0 away to Wolfsburg and were perhaps lucky not to concede more. After such a commanding win over Barça, many expected them to come out all guns blazing on the Wolves. But it was not to happen as Julian Draxler and co. made light work of the side from Madrid. All hopes now rest on the team to deliver in the Bernabeu next Tuesday although Wolfsburg will highly fancy their chances.
1) Underdogs may spring an upset – Barcelona, Bayern Munich, PSG and Real Madrid were all expected to move to the semis without breaking much sweat. But as it stands, they are in form a rough 90 minutes next week as the underdogs will leave no stones unturned to do the unthinkable. Atlético have an away goal while man City have two. Wolfsburg scored twice without reply to be in pole position against Real Madrid and Benfica lost by a solitary goal at the Allianz Arena and it wouldn’t be a surprise if they staged a shock defeat to the might Bayern Munich.
Latest posts by Abhishek Das (see all)
- MESSI COMES TO RESCUE AGAIN FOR BARCELONA - February 21, 2017
- Vidal injury mars Barça celebration over Alaves win - February 13, 2017
- Real Madrid retain top spot in La Liga - February 13, 2017