Around 351 national and international Cricketer went under the hammer in the Indian Premier League IPL auction held on Saturday at Bengaluru .
This year revised rules states that a minimum of 16 and maximum of 27 players could be taken in each of the teams with a maximum of nine overseas players. Each team has a budget of Rs 66 crore for players’ salaries.
In Total 94 Players were sold today, of which Shane Watson went for the highest bid at 9.5 crore while Pawan Negi was the Highest Paid indian player at 8.5 Crore. Veteran Indian Batsmen Yuvraj was also a top draw and he ended up being sold to Sunrisers Hyderabad at 7 crore.
Lets take a look at various different angle of this auction.
TOP 5 MOST EXPENSIVE BIDS
- Shane Watson- (sold to Royal Challengers Bangalore for INR 9.5 crores) The stylish Australian all-rounder received the highest bid in this auction as he was sold to Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) for a whopping amount of 9.5 crore INR .The all-rounder whose base price was 2.0 crore INR triggered interest from many sides and a fierce bidding war between Mumbai and Bangalore saw Bangalore win the bid to avail service of the Vertan allrounder. Watson who was earlier part of Rajasthan Royals has a terrific record in IPL and with the form that he is in it’s no surprise that he was the top draw in this auction.
- Pawan Negi- (sold to Delhi Daredevils for INR 8.5 crore)This auction was the biggest surprise of the day with Delhi Daredevils dishing out a huge sum of Rs 8.5 crore for the services of uncapped all-rounder Pawan Negi. Pawan Negi who has been picked in the Indian squad for World T20 is known for his ability of power hitting down the order and canny left-arm orthodox spin bowling. While it was expected that he will be a top draw in this auction the price at which he was sold came as surprise to many people.
- Yuvraj Singh– (sold to Sunrisers Hyderabad for INR 5.5 crores)The vetran Indian batting allrounder was snapped by Sunrisers Hyderabad for 7 crore INR. It was an intensive bidding war between Mumbai, Bangalore & Hyderabad to secure the service of the swashbuckling left-hander.
- Chris Morris-(sold to Delhi Daredevils for INR 7 crores)The South african bowling all-rounder, who had a base price of Rs 50 lakh, sparked a bidding war between Mumbai Indians. Kolkata Knight Riders & Delhi Daredevils but Delhi ultimately won the bidding war with a bid of rs 7 crore.
- Mohit Sharma-( sold to Kings XI Punjab for INR 6.5 crore) The Former CSK Player had a base price of Rs 1.5 crore and was finally bought for a whopping Rs 6.5 crore by Kings XI Punjab. The fast bowler has been an important part of CSK. It would be interesting to see how he performs in this new franchisee.
Top 4 Bargain (Best) deals.
- DALE STEYN – (sold to Gujarat Lions INR 2.3 crores) – This is one of the best buy from the Gujarat lions. Dale Steyn is one of the best bowler in present and can single handily change the fortune of the game. Getting Dale Steyn for just rs 2.3 crore is a huge deal and one of the best bargain buy in this auction.
- AARON FINCH – (sold to Gujarat Lions for INR 1 crore )(second round)The explosive Australian batsmen was sold at his brace price of rs 1 crore, that also in the second round. This is one more great bargain buy from the Gujarat lions as the Australian is one of the most in demand opener in the shortest format of the game. With his explosive batting he also brings experience to the team and can be a crucial part of the squad.
- R.P SINGH- (sold to Rising Pune Supergiants for INR 30 lakhs)- The former Indian pacer was sold for his base price of rs 30 lakhs. He is one of the most experience Indian fast bowler and also has a record in the IPL. Plus if his recent form is taken into account Pune have got an awesome deal to get such an experienced player at a throwaway price.
- Irfan Pathan- (sold to Rising Pune Supergiants for INR 1 crore)- The all-rounder was also sold for his base price of INR 1 crore. It was a surprise that no other team wanted him especially considering the recent form of he has been.
Top 3 Surprise Package’s-
- Murgun Ashwin– (sold to Rising Pune Supergiants for INR 4.5 crore )- The 25-year-old from Chennai was the surprise pick of the day, when he was grabbed for a whopping Rs 4.5 crore by the new IPL franchise Rising Pune Supergiants. He was sold for 45 times his base price, The leg break bowler has an experience of around 11 first class games only which make his selection at such a whopping price even more surprising
- Krunal Pandaya– (sold to Mumbai Indians for INR 2 crores) – The 24-year-old left arm orthodox bowler triggered a massive bidding war between the franchise which finally saw Mumbai Indians win. They paid 20 times more than the player’s base price to secure his services.
- Ankit Rajpoot– (sold to Kolkata Knight Riders for INR 1.5 crore) – Another surprise pick of the day considering the price that the defending champions paid for him. The 22-year-old pacer plays his domestic cricket from Uttar Pradesh and so far has played 19 T20 games for the team.